Montag, 15. Dezember 2014

Meine Nominierung zum Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Endlich komme ich mal dazu, mich um die Nominierung von Jenny (Jennys Bücherwelt) zu kümmern. Also - vielen Dank für die Nominierung. Es geht darum, Fragen der nominierenden Bloggerin zu beantworten und dann wiederum zehn eigene Fragen zu stellen und zehn Bloggerinnen zu nominieren, um sich untereinander zu vernetzen und kennenzulernen.

Da das Ganze aus dem englischsprachigen Raum kommt, findet das Ganze auf Englisch statt, ihr könnt aber auch gern auf Deutsch antworten.

 First up – The Rules:
  •     Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
  •     Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
  •     Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
  •     Nominate 10 bloggers.
  •     Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
Jennys Fragen:
  1.     Tell me, which book you hate at most!
  2.     Which bookcover you like most?
  3.     What is the decisive point added for you to buy a book?
  4.     Play at your bookcollection responses a role?
  5.     Do you read only german books, or sometimes even english?
  6.     Who is your favorite author?
  7.     From which publisher you have the most books?
  8.     What is your favorite book series?
  9.     Do you like comics? If so, what do you like?!
  10.     Which book has touched you so much, that you can´t forget it, until now?


My answers:

  1. I don't think there's any book that I "hate" if you count out books that are demagogic. And even then I wouldn't hate the book or the person who wrote it but the ideas it stands for and the actions it promotes. 
  2. There are lots of great covers, so it's difficult to decide. One cover I really liked was "Silber" by Kerstin Gier but there were others I really liked this year. For example "Dark Smile" by Kim Ocker has a great cover. 
  3. I read the blurb on the back of the book and if that sounds interesting, I'll buy the book. Sometimes I read an excerpt before to see if the writer's style is my cup of tea. 
  4. I'm not sure what you mean by this, Jenny but I'm guessing you think whether I read reviews before buying a book. Sometimes I do and mostly I read the mediocre and bad ones to see what the most critical people have to say. Often I find that it's not off-putting what they criticize. I read positive reviews, too but I don't rely on reviews too much.
  5. I read a lot of English books, too. In fact, I have just won a (signed!) copy of Robert Galbraith's (J.K. Rowling's pen name as a mystery writer) Silkworm in German but I use that just as a decoration for my bookshelf and a place of private J.K. Rowling worship. ;-) When I find the time to actually read her novel, I will do so in English. I bought the Ebook a while back. 
  6. I'll have to be boring and say J.K. Rowling. But I also like Hermann Hesse or Theodor Fontane a lot. I read a lot and I read a very wide range of books, so there's not really a favourite. 
  7. I have absolutely no idea, to tell you the truth. I would have to have a look. I'm guessing I own a lot of Carlsen books and reclam will probably be one of the most featured publishers in my shelf but I'm not sure. 
  8. Harry Potter. I know, it's probably a bit boring and unoriginal but I so love Harry Potter. As far as series go I can recommend Halo Summer's "Sumpfloch-Saga", too. (German only as far as I know). 
  9. I've never really been a huge fan of comic books or graphic novels. I do read them once in a while but I'm not a collector or a fan or anything. I used to like cartoons like "Isnogud", "Asterix" or "Tin Tin" though. 
  10. Again… the Harry Potter heptalogy made the deepest impression. It has everything a good book needs. There were a number of more serious books that I found touching, too. One book that surprised me was Ali Shaw's The Girl with Glass Feet.
And here are my nominees:  

LaRubias Welt
Grikas Bücherwahnsinn
Buchelefanten
Rules of Review
Lesendes Katzenpersonal
Süchtig nach Büchern
Bücherstadt.com
Nici's Buchecke
Bücher in meiner Hand
Giselas Lesehimmel

Ups. Da habe ich doch glatt die Fragen vergessen. Edit. 

My questions: 

1. Are there any books that in your memory are linked with a particular song? 
2. Do you read Ebooks?
3. Is there a book that you have read more than three times?
4. Do you pass on or sell books that you have read or do you keep them all?
5. What do you think about book art - like it? or is it like "defiling" a book for you?
6. Do you read only novels or do you read other forms of literature, too (like short stories, poems, novellas...)?
7. What do you think about film adaptations of novels?
8. Seriously, could you imagine a life without books?
9. Old, tattered paperbacks - and I mean really badly tattered - do you have the heart to toss them in the recycling bin?
10. A friend has written a book and you find it terrible - would you tell them?
 

1 Kommentar: